The men on this list embody all the ideals that every man strives to have. They easily crush their obstacles, always get the lady in the end, and ooze cool. These are THE movie standards for men. Enjoy.
1. Sean Connery – The definitive number 1. Despite the obvious pull of Daniel Craig in recent movies, there is only one Bond. And Bond, is the coolest movie character there ever was. Impervious to sticky situations, he handled the villains, bedded the women, and did it all with style. Sean Connery is James Bond, despite him carrying the role decades ago. And contrary to all normal convention, Connery’s cool has gotten better with time. The ladies still swoon over him now at his seasoned age. He still carries movies and makes the ladies scream. Sean Connery, Consensus #1 Leading Man.
2. Al Pacino – Played the biggest bad ass to grace the silver screen. “Scarface” came from the barrios of Cuba, and became the king of Miami. He’s been a coach, a cop, and the devil himself. He’s been a gangster and a merchant from Venice. Pacino is one of the most versatile and engaging actors to have ever touched Hollywood.
3. Robert DeNiro – Drama, action, and comedy, DeNiro delivers compelling acting regardless of role. His gangster roles are both enticing and frightening. His comedy roles are endearing and he alluring. He commands attention and respect. He starred in “Raging Bull” and “Taxi,” but also co-starred in roles in “Meet the Parents” and “Heat.”
4. Morgan Freeman - Morgan Freeman has been the consummate professional as an actor. His leading roles have been inspiring as in “Lean on Me” as a high school principal and even in “Bruce Almighty” as God. But, his best work has been in supporting roles in movies like “Glory”, “Driving Miss Daisy”, and “Shawshank Redemption.”
5. Marlon Brando - Can anyone say no to the “Godfather”? Brando yielded one of the most unforgettable characters in cinema history. He stole scenes with barely audible dialogue. He was also a heartthrob in “A Streetcar Named Desire”.
6. Jack Nicholson – From “The Shining” to the Joker, Jack is one of a kind.
7. Tom Cruise – Plays the same guy in every movie, but you still love him. The Ultimate All-American guy.
8. Denzel Washington – Plays the same guy in every movie, but you still love him. Sounds familiar, right?
9. Harrison Ford – “Indiana Jones” and “Star Wars”. Movie nerds everywhere worship him. Enough said.
10. Samuel L. Jackson – His movies have grossed more than any other actor in history.