Some people just have a heightened propensity to saying idiotic things. Too bad for these guys it happens just a bit too often.
There has never been an all-time great basketball player who said as many idiotic things as the self proclaimed King James. Either James is not very smart, completely disillusioned, extremely arrogant, has a terrible manager/publicist, or some combination of the above. He needs to just shut up and play basketball like his contemporaries Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose. His idol Michael Jordan always stayed above the fray, and the only thing he ever said about politics was, “Republicans buy sneakers too.” Some of James’ finest work:
- “At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they’ll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do …”
- “In this fall, I’m taking my talents to South Beach.”
- “It’s not far, but it is far. And Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us…. So we didn’t actually like Cleveland. We hated Cleveland growing up. There’s a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day.”
- · “LeBron stays humble just by being LeBron.”
- “Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. Hey, and when I say that when I say that, I really believe it …”
He may end up being the next president, but he has had his fair share of significant slip ups. Although much of what he says is taken out of context, one has to be extremely careful when millions of Americans are out of work or under-employed, and he’s a millionaire many times over. Romney has said such regrettable things as:
- “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me”
- “I’m in this race because I care about Americans. I’m not concerned about the very poor …”
- “I’ll tell you what, 10,000 bucks? Ten thousand dollar bet?”
Guillen is taking a beating for his recent comments about Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. Things wouldn’t be so bad for Ozzie if he hadn’t made similarly glowing remarks about Castro four years ago. Moreover, he was fined and forced to take sensitivity training in 2006 for using a gay slur. He needs to stay away from microphones period.
- “I love Fidel Castro,” “A lot of people have wanted to kill Fidel Castro for the last 60 years, but that [expletive] is still here.”
- “Fidel Castro,” he said. “He’s a bull—- dictator and everybody’s against him, and he still survives, has power. Still has a country behind him. Everywhere he goes they roll out the red carpet. I don’t admire his philosophy. I admire him.” – from 2008.
- “I’ve got my routine. Games over, stay in the lobby of the hotel, the hotel bar, get drunk and go to sleep. I get drunk because I’m happy because we won or get drunk because I’m very sad and disturbed because we lose. Same routine for 25, 28 years. It hasn’t changed. I don’t like to go out.”
Vice President Biden has a very long history of just not thinking before he speaks. Sadly for him, there are countless websites dedicated to his seemingly innumerable crazy quotes. His foot in mouth condition is so bad that when Osama bin Laden listed the people in Obama’s cabinet that need to be assassinated, he didn’t think Biden was even important enough. Here are some of his worst gaffes:
- In reference to then presidential candidate John McCain: “Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.”
- “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent … I’m not joking.”
- In reference to Barack Obama: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
- “His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. – In regards to the Irish Prime Minister’s mother … who happens to still be alive.