69 facts about sex
1. Regular sex can make women look better. Good loving promotes almost double the amount of estrogen that is normally released in a woman, and estrogen makes women’s skin glow and their hair shiny.
2. Headaches are a terrible reason for not having sex. A woman’s body releases endorphins into her bloodstream when the two of you are mid-coitus, and endorphins are the body’s “feel good” drug. They are like tiny painkillers that relieve headaches and many other ailments, so the next time that your lady says that she has a headache, drop your pants and tell that you have the cure right down there.
3. Kissing is good for the skin. Scientific trials have proven that kissing can help reduce rashes, redness of the skin, swelling, and numerous other minor irritations.
4. The average person spends about 600 hours of their life having sex. But, the average person spends about 336 hours of their life kissing. Where has all the romance gone?
5. The word “fuck” has many different proposed origins. It was originally thought to have come from colonial times when people, specifically prostitutes, were caught in the act of sex. They were put into the stockade with the acronym for “for unlawful carnal knowledge” written above their heads. Another older, proposed derivation for the word originated from the era of the Black Plague where the population was so decimated by bubonic plague that the king ordered them to start making babies. They were supposedly given an order that read “fornicate under the command of the king”. But the actual inspiration for the word “fuck”is either the German word pfluog which means “to plow” or the Dutch word fokken which means “to breed, to strike, or to beget”.
6. Kissing helps couples to find the right partner. Pheromones are released into the air and through the saliva when kissing, and this is thought to give people innate biological cues about the genetic make-up of the other person.
7. Kissing releases dopamine into your system, which is one of the body’s pleasure hormones, or more specifically your reward hormone. So does food, sex, and cocaine.
8. Fish oils, tyrosine, and some amino acids can increase dopamine levels and thus improve your sex life.
9. The orgasm comes from the Greek word orga which means to “swell with moisture”.
10. The official record for most orgasms in an hour is held by a woman who had 134 in the said hour. There was probably a lot of swelling and moisture.
11. The world record for sex with the most people at one time is held by a woman. It has changed hands many times, but the latest owner of the record is Lisa Sparxxx, a porn star. She slept with 919 men in one non-stop session.
12. Sex can alleviate menstrual cramps and menstrual migraines. Yes, that’s right guys, women have headaches in their heads and their crotches during their periods. It is no wonder that women are so crazy. Women also report more powerful orgasms during their periods. Because there is more blood in the genitals during this time, the vulva and clitoris can be much more sensitive during this time. Period sex can also decrease the amount of menstrual blood a woman releases.
13. Female ejaculation does exist. Squirting, as it is called, does happen when a woman is properly stimulated. It is a buildup of a fluid that is similar to semen in men.
14. In 1950, Dr. Ernest Grafenberg discovered that women could achieve orgasm through stimulation of a small spot located about two to three inches inside the upper wall of the vagina. The G-spot is responsible for most female ejaculation.
15. The word semen is actually a Latin word which means “seed”.
16. Men will release about 14 gallons of “seed” before they die, but they only give it up in quantities of about 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons per sexual encounter.
17. Each teaspoon of semen contains only about 5 calories, but is also full of protein. So, if your lady is dieting, tell her that you have a healthy alternative to those diet pills and weight watcher meals.
18. Semen also contains both calcium and zinc which help fight tooth decay. A few more “blowies” might lower that dentist bill.
18. The average speed of a man’s ejaculate is about 45 km/h or 28 mph which is faster than the fastest Olympic track athletes at 22.9 mph.
19. Men will release 1/2 trillion sperm in the average lifespan of 78 years.
20. A man’s semen will attack another man’s semen if they are introduced in the same area.
21. A woman’s breath has pheromones in it for up to an hour after a sexual tryst with a partner.
22. By research estimates, 100 million people will have sexual intercourse today.
23. On average, men think about sex every 7 seconds, which is about how long it takes the average reader to finish reading this sentence.
24. 4,000 people were having sex while you read that sentence.
25. There are 4,000 nerve endings in the tip of the penis.
26. More than 8,000 nerves converge in the clitoris. It has more nerve endings than the entire penis.
27. According to studies on sex, 10% of all women have never had an orgasm. Marilyn Monroe who was famous for her overt sexuality and her famous love interests, reportedly never climaxed. Sorry Mr. President.
28. According to Today.com 50% of women have trouble getting or staying aroused.
29. 75-80% of women can not regularly reach orgasm through intercourse.
30. 16% of women never have an orgasm during sex.
31. A woman’s orgasms are directly impeded by stress. Most women have to be stress free to obtain an orgasm.
32. Both men and women desire to have sex about 3-4 times a week.
33. Women fantasize more during sex than men do.
34. Anal sex can be pleasurable and orgasmic for women because the rectum shares a wall with the vagina and the nerves are closer to the rectum’s side than the vagina. Some women actually report stronger orgasms from anal sex.
35. All women report intense pain from anal sex when they are not properly lubricated and stimulated prior to penetration. *
36. Doggy style has past missionary as the favorite sexual position of the world for both men and women. The Vatican is probably not happy about it.
37. This was a surprising find strictly from a biological standpoint because doggy style is the sexual position with the least direct clitoral stimulation.
38. Research studies from Hamburg-Eppendorf University in Germany show that a woman’s libido drops as soon as the enter into a secure relationship. After 4 years in a relationship only half of the women in the study wanted sex “often”. After 20 years, only 20% of women wanted sex often.
39. Men had no drop in libido regardless of the length or type of relationship.
40. Larger breasts are no more responsive to touch than smaller breasts.
41. And contrary to popular belief, women with larger clitorises are not recorded to have more frequent and more powerful orgasms either.
42. A woman’s vagina pulsates rhythmically when she has an orgasm. This stimulates the penis in intercourse and is thought to help propagate the sperm finding its way to a fertile egg.
43. The vibrator was originally created to combat hysteria in women. Once diagnosed, women would be put into an asylum where a doctor would stimulate her with vibro-therapy until she climaxed and the anxiety associated with her disorder dissipated. Needless to say, that vibrator found its into a few homes after treatment.
44. Regular sex is good for mild depression. Sex alters mood with the release of endorphins.
45. Regular sex also boosts immunity. Larger percentages of the antibody immunoglobulin A, or IgA, were found in students that reported having sex one to two times per week in studies at the Eastern Psychological Association Convention.
46. Sex works as a great tranquilizer. It is 10 times as effective as Valium.
47. Strengthening the pubococcygeus muscle, also known as the PC muscle, intensifies orgasms in both men and women.
48. Losing weight makes your penis appear larger. You gain about an inch for every 35 pounds that you lose.
49. 50% of sexually active men and women will have the human papilloma virus at some point in their life. Most fight off the disease within two years of its contraction and some never know that they have it.
50. Women have an average of 4 sex partners during their lifetime according to the National Center of Health Statistics.
51. Men have an average of 7 partners, so either they are all sleeping with the same girls or they are sleeping with each other.
52. One of the first forms of contraception was found in Ancient Egypt. Women mixed honey with crocodile dung and placed it in their vagina in an attempt to stop pregnancy. It probably worked because there is nothing sexy about crocodile poop.
53. Homosexual behavior has been found in birds, frogs, sea mammals, and most often in other primates. So, the argument that gay sex is completely unnatural because animals do not have gay sex is completely unfounded. However, that does not make gay sex natural either.
54. According to the Kinsey Institute, males lose their virginity around 16.9 years old.
55. Women lose their virginity when they are a little older at 17.4 years of age.
56. The Journal of the American Medical Association published a study that stated that ejaculation may help prevent prostate cancer. Men that ejaculated 21 times or more a month were one-third less likely to develop prostate cancer than those that only ejaculated 4 to 7 times per month.
57. Studies show that women that went to college are more likely to enjoy giving and receiving oral sex than women who dropped out of high school.
58. Women with Ph.D.’s are twice as likely to have one night stands as women with bachelor’s degrees. I guess colleges are teaching students something.
59. Men with more education tend to have more wet dreams than other men.
60. About 8% of couples report having anal sex regularly.
61. Impotence is grounds for divorce in 26 states.
62. Only 14% of women would have sex with a guy without ever kissing him
63. 50% of men would have sex with a woman without kissing her.
64. Sex researchers have found empirical evidence that working out at the gym, specifically abdominal exercises can cause some women to orgasms. In the research of Dr. Kinsey, 5% of women reached climax from exercise but in some studies the numbers have reached upwards of 40%. Time to get that gym membership renewed.
65. Some men and women can orgasm simply by flexing their pubococcygeus muscles and the muscles in their penises/vaginas.
66. 1% of women report being able to climax with just nipple stimulation.
67. 30% of women age 80 and over are still sexually active. Ewhhhh….
68. A woman is more likely to want to commit adultery when she is ovulating.
69. When women give oral sex 30% of them swallow every time.
*This “fact” was found through both exacting measures of scientific research and through a litany of informal personal performance surveys of ex lovers. All of them became ex’s immediately after the proper amount of stimulation and lubrication was ignored.